WARRANTY FOR SECONDHAND ENGINE, TRANSMISSION and panel.
MEANING OR INTENTION – INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS, extra warranty package.
Following is a list of items not covered by the warranty: Starter Motor, Alternator, Distributor, Turbo unit manifolds, exhaust and inlet including carburettor and air cleaner unit, Clutch assembly including pressure plate, Coils, Senders, Switches, Thermostats, Water Pump Assembly, Belts, i.e. Cambelt or Water Pump and Alternator Driving Belt (wearing part subject to periodic replacement), Radiator, Water Hoses, Engine mount and plastic covers, Fuel Pump, Turbo Chargers and Components relating to tune, eg: Electronic Ignition, Fuel Injection, Coil Pack, Window Regulator Motor, ECU, Oil Seals, Diesel Engines - Injector, injector pump and injection unit.
All engines and gearboxes come with a standard warranty - 3 months or 3,000 kms whichever comes first. 12-months Extra Warranty Package can be purchased by request. Please, feel free to contact us on +64 9 441 3152
All panels have 3 month warranty, light bulbs are not covered.
No labour warranty will be provided.
This warranty is valid from the date of purchase and with the following conditions:
- The engine must be correctly fitted by a qualified person and must not be subject to abuse, raced, stripped, overheated or modified, altered or used in any way other than the same application intended by the original manufacture.
- The recipient vehicle must also be as per manufactures original specification.
- The use of big-bore exhausts will void this warranty.
- Regular servicing must be done at the manufacturer's recommended intervals, and the manufacturer's specified oil grade must be used under this warranty.
- Our liability is limited to making a replacement, repairing, or refunding purchase price. No claim shall exceed the purchase price.
- When turbos are fitted, specifications should be as per manufacturer's specifications.
- All engines have been drained of fluids, oils etc. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to replace with new product.
In the unlikely event of a problem with this engine, the claim must be authorized by an employee of Dodson Autospares Ltd before any repairs commence. Any replacement parts will be deemed to be under the original warranty and period / kms limit. This warranty is not transferable and commences from the time of purchase.
THE UNIT MUST BE FITTED IN A TRADESMAN LIKE MANNER BY A QUALIFIED PERSON AND USED IN THE APPLICATION INTENDED BY THE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER AND MUST NOT BE ALTERED OR MODIFIED IN ANY WAY.
IN THE EVENT OF A CLAIM:
1. Dodson Autospares Ltd must be contacted before any action (work) is carried out and an order number issued.
2. Dodson Autospares Ltd will not be liable for the cost of any work carried out without prior approval and order number.
3. Dodson Autospares has the right to personally or by representative, to inspect the engine/trans in the vehicle on site before any work is carried out, this inspection will take place within 5 working days if required.
4. All warranties are null and void if the installed heat tab center is melted or removed.
5. A warranty claim will be accepted if Dodson Autospares Ltd is satisfied that all warranty conditions have been adhered to. If Dodson Autospares Ltd decides that the parts failure is the result of negligence this warranty becomes void.
6. If the part(s) fail, Dodson Autospares Ltd reserves the right to decide whether it will be returned for repair or replaced or refund the part(s) supplied.
7. The maximum claim under the warranty is deemed to be the purchase price of the unit, GST exclusive.
8. Please read invoice sent with warranty form for any additional warranty conditions.
TO VALIDATE THE ENGINE WARRANTY THE FOLLOWING MUST BE CARRIED OUT:
1. Compare before fitment.
2. Replace cam belt and cam belt tensioner on belt driven engine.
3. Replace balance shaft belt, oil pump belt.
4. Verify engine timing before installation - rotation of engine backwards may cause damage and void any warranties.
5. Have the radiator stripped and cleaned and pressure tested by a radiator specialist.
6. Replace thermostat and gasket. Flush cooling system and refill with antifreeze to appropriate levels, cooling system is to be bled to ensure no air locks are present.
7. All radiator and heater hoses must be checked and replaced if doubtful.
8. Check all frost plugs and replace if doubtful.
9. A new water pump is to be fitted.
10. The correct grade of engine oil is to be used, check with manufacturer as to what grade is to be used, new oil filter is to be fitted.
11. It is recommended that the timing chain and timing chain tensioner be inspected and replaced if worn.
TO VALIDATE THE TRANSMISSION WARRANTY THE FOLLOWING MUST BE CARRIED OUT:
1. Compare before fitment.
2. All oil seals must be replaced.
3. All oil lines must be flushed out and cleaned.
4. Install a new transmission filter kit if non-serviceable type, clean if serviceable type.
5. Transmission cooler must be removed, cleaned, and checked for flow.
6. Correct fluids must be used. Check with manufacturer as to what grade of transmission fluid is to be used.
7. Check that the torque converter is correctly aligned and engaged into front pump gear.
8. Check that the torque converter spigot in crankshaft is the correct size.
9. Check the flexi plate is not bent, has no run out and cracks.
Please, call us if you have any questions +6494413152
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.